Monday, October 3, 2011

Chill. Flame. Cinnamon


October finally came back to me.  It's my favourite month, along with December.  I know i'm probably the only one (besides my Damian who also favours the chilly months) but oh how i love to hunker down and bundle up in coziness.


Autumn/Winter are my "summer", the seasons i like to be outside in, the seasons i would prefer to take my vacation time.  I feel more alive when i can see my breath in front of me, when the chill bites down through my skin and into my bones forcing me to wrap myself in my own bundled arms.


I work much better when it's cold and find myself in my studio more than in summer.  A pot of tea sitting next to my paintbrushes, my window open to let a breeze and the scent of earth in, and my trusty orange hoody with the hole in the elbow keeping me warm.


Yesterday was only October 2nd, the proper chilly weather had just begun and yet it took me no time at all to blanket my house in the scent of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.  Damian and I jumped at the chance to build a raging fire in our old wood stove.


I love atmosphere and there's so much much of it once the mist, dark clouds, and colour roll in.


1 comment: