Sunday, January 8, 2012

Towards Bold

I bought red lipstick.  Going from nothing more than lip balm or gloss, just to keep my lips nice and soft, this was a bright shock when I first smoothed it on.  I've gotta say, red lipstick is tricky to put on, it's very noticeable when it goes beyond the lip line and ends up looking rather clown like.  When I tried to get the clownish spillover off a slight ghost remained in a faint pinky stain. I worked away at it, managed to get rid of the haunting and ended up with a more romantic, and much less foolish look. A type of whimsical heart shape appeared.

The other day the idea popped into my head that I wanted to buy a bright res lipstick.  I'm not sure where it came from, i never wear lipstick.  I'm thinking it's all a part of my subconscious's plan to be more bold, to be willing to stand out a bit more instead of hiding in the background.  Essentially be more "me", be more of the person I feel is floating around inside myself bumping into walls and getting tangled in the brambles I've put up for some reason. 

In another move to clear cut the inner tangles and get used to seeing my "self" I'm going to play with self-portraiture more.  I always hate pictures of myself, I'd rather be behind the camera.  Another way of being in the background you see.

Should be fun.  Experimental. Opening.


3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

You look awesome!!!!! as always. Strangely enough, I recently started wearing red lipstick too, got one for Christmas, and from wearing very sheer and natural colours or none at all, at the moment I either keep my lips completely natural or smack on the red! All or nothing. I've bought a small brush which makes it tons easier to apply the red, I make the outline first and then paint my lips with the brush, several layers. Complete newbie though.

Flying Whale said...

Thank you!!!
I'm gonna get a brush AND more shades of red! ;)

Odd Chick said...

You are awesome in red lipstick! I love that you are wearing your intention to be bold.